Below are links to the proposed eight 2010 CPC funding applications submitted for consideration at the 2010 Annual Town Meeting. The CPC will be reviewing these applications over the next month. By February 11th, the committee will decide which projects to recommend for approval.
The Community Preservation Act (CPA), M.G.L. Chapter 44B, which is enabling legislation allowing cities and towns in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to adopt a property tax surcharge, was adopted by the Legislature and signed into law by Governor Cellucci in September 2000. The CPA allows any city or town in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to adopt a property tax surcharge of up to 3%, the revenues from which are matched by State funds. The citizens of Longmeadow voted to adopt the CPA in June of 2006 at a property tax surcharge rate of 1%.
The CPC is a town board made up of nine members. Four are at-large members and five members are representatives appointed from town boards (Planning Board, Conservation Commission, Housing Authority, Park and Recreation Commission and Historical Commission). Currently the CPC is short one at-large member. The CPC generally meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month at 7 PM.
The Community Preservation Committee is responsible for making recommendations for how CPA funds should be spent in the four CPA program areas: Community Housing, Historic Preservation, Open Space and Recreation. The Committee welcomes comments and suggestions, and encourages people to attend its meetings and speak during the Public Comment Period.
To contact the Community Preservation Committee, send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Preservation Committee Members:
Steve Weiss, Chairperson (Historical Commission)
Arlene Miller, Clerk (At-large)
Ron Manseau (Housing Authority)
(Parks and Recreation)
Stephen Gazillo (Conservation Commission)
Beth Green (At-large)
Matthew Shea (At-large)
James Maxwell (At-large)
Below are links to the CPC current grantees for 2013:
- Restore American Legion Building Kitchen
- Longmeadow Cemetery Restoration Project
- Digitization of annual reports Historical Collection
- Center School Playground Rehabilitation
- Center School Playground Equipment Replacement
- Blinn Tennis Courts/Lighting Phase 3
- Below are links to the CPC current grantees for 2012:
- Residential Home Modification Fund
- Community House Heating Plant Replacement
- Street Tree Survey and Funding for Preservation of Trees
- Community House Sewer And Driveway
- Center School Gymnasium Esplanade
- Town Hall Sewer Lateral Replacement
- Preservation of Town Records
- Storrs House Restoration and Preservation
- American Legion Building Pavement and ADA Bathroom