The Town of Longmeadow is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination employment on any basis including race, color, creed, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, handicap or disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. The Town of Longmeadow only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Town Employment Opportunities:
- OFFICE CLERK – SEASONAL PT- Longmeadow Parks and Recreation is seeking qualified applicants for a seasonal part time, Office Clerk. 25-35 hours per week from mid-June thru August. Candidates should have previous customer service experience and excellent computer skills with previous Parks and Recreation and Activenet experience preferred. Position requires CORI check. Salary $9.94 – $10.25 per hour DOE/DOQ. Parks and Recreation Department application available at www.longmeadow.org or in the Department of Human Resources, 735 Longmeadow St, Suite 102, Longmeadow, MA 01106 or email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 4, 2015.
The Town of Longmeadow is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
- DAYCARE TEACHER SUBSTITUTE- Longmeadow Parks and Recreation is seeking qualified applicants for a part time, Daycare Teacher Substitute. Position requires CORI check and physical, EEC certification is preferred. First aid and CPR are desired. Candidates should be energetic and have experience working with young children in a team teacher environment. Salary $10.92 per hour. Applications available in the Department of Human Resources, 735 Longmeadow St, Suite 102, Longmeadow, MA 01106 or email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.The Town of Longmeadow is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
- ACCOUNTING CLERK-The Town of Longmeadow, MA is seeking qualified applicants for the FT position of Accounting Clerk. Work includes verifying and processing accounts payables, preparing reports and correspondence, conducting research, and responding to inquiries. High School Diploma or equivalent, with advanced training in office procedures and computers and one (1) to three (3) years of related office experience preferably in a municipal environment. Knowledge of MUNIS financial software a plus. Successful candidate must have strong attention to detail and organizational skills in a multi-task environment; ability to prioritize and meet deadlines; and work effectively with the public and other town employees. Starting salary $16.24 per hour DOE/DOQ; 34 hours per week M-F with excellent benefits. Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources, 735 Longmeadow Street, Suite 102, Longmeadow, MA 01106 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, May 28, 2015 at noon.Town of Longmeadow is an AA/EOE.
- DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC WORKS-The Town of Longmeadow, MA is seeking qualified applicants for the FT position of Director of Public Works. Under the direction of the Town Manager this is a position of high responsibility which, plans, organizes, directs and controls the operations and activities of the public works department including those relating to the Town’s water and sewer systems; streets and sidewalks; rights of way; storm drainage; solid waste and recycling; town vehicles/equipment; town and school buildings and grounds; parks, playgrounds and athletic fields and the maintenance of the Town’s public shade trees. Develops and implements long and short range plans; develops and prioritizes capital needs; prepares and documents budget requests for all operation costs, equipment purchases, and construction and maintenance projects; oversees departmental purchasing, develops technical specs for bids, and monitors and controls expenditures. Instrumental in departmental personnel appointments, discipline and labor negotiations. Position requires a full working knowledge of all of the regulations, methods and equipment necessary to oversee and manage daily operation; the ability to handle a variety of projects, at times simultaneously; and to interact effectively with diverse citizens, private contractors, regulatory officials and department employees. Applies for and implements grants. Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering, environmental engineering, public administration or applicable field with five to ten years of municipal public works experience. Advanced technical training/course work in civil, environmental, hydrology, pavement systems, soil mechanics, surveying is desirable. Experience in Massachusetts municipal setting highly preferred. Salary range $77,400-$96,512 DOE/DOQ. Email/Mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com or 735 Longmeadow St, Suite 102, Longmeadow, MA 01106. Closing date is Friday, May 23, 2015 at noon. Longmeadow is an AA/EEO Employer.
- SUBSTITUTE LIBRARY ASSISTANT (INTERNAL POSTING)- Town of Longmeadow seeks Substitute Library Assistant for the Circulation Desk as well as the Children’s Department. Hours will vary based on need, must be available some Saturdays and week day evenings. Qualifications include familiarity with library automated systems, knowledge of library policies, practices and procedures and excellent communication skills. Salary $14.76 per hour. Send letter of interest and resume to: Storrs Library, 693 Longmeadow St., Longmeadow, MA 01106, Attention: Circulation Manager; or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closes 05/23/2015 at noon or open until filled.Town of Longmeadow is an AA/EOE *Internal postings are for current Town and School employees only.
- ENGINEERING INTERN-The Town of Longmeadow DPW is looking to hire a summer intern to assist the Engineering Department in their daily operations. Anticipated work tasks include: entering data into to Department’s Geographical Information System (GIS); performing field studies to locate and record utility locations; assisting in surveying activities; assisting in the development of design documents; seeking vendor quotes and preparing cost estimates; supervising Contractors; preparing reports etc. Ideally candidates would be enrolled in an engineering or technical program and in pursuit of a technical degree. Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) skills a plus but not required. Candidates should have computer skills in common word processing and spreadsheet software and good communication skills. Job will require a combination of indoor desk work and outdoor work which at times will be rigorous. Email/Mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com or Diana Morrow, Human Resources Department 735 Longmeadow St, Suite 102, Longmeadow, MA 01106. Closing date 05/23/2015 at noon; open until filled. The Town of Longmeadow is an AA/EOE.
- FIRE CHIEF- LONGMEADOW, MA-Longmeadow, MA (pop. 15,385) is seeking to fill the position of Fire Chief. Department consists of 22 FT uniformed employees; operating budget of $2M. Appointed by Town Manager, under MGL Chapter 48, section 42, subject to Select board approval. Fire Chief serves as key member of town’s management team; designated as emergency manager. Minimum qualifications include seven years offire suppression experience as FT uniformed member in career fire department; at least five years’ experience in supervisory capacity (Captain or above). Certified as Massachusetts or Nationally Registered EMT. Associates Degree in Fire Science, Emergency Management, Emergency Medical Services, Homeland Security, Business, or Public Administration required. Preferred qualifications include completion of Massachusetts Chief Fire Officer Management Program and credentialing as Massachusetts Fire Chief. An equivalent combination of certification and experience considered. Must have demonstrated experience and skill in following critical areas: budgeting, crafting collaborative interagency relationships, labor management relations in a unionized environment, pacing change, fireground management, incident command, emergency medical services supervision, and emergency management. Graduates of National Fire Academy Executive Fire Officer Program encouraged to apply. Salary to $101,000. EOE. Cover letter and resume, pdf format, ATTN Gail Schillinger RE LONGMEADOW FCR at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position filled.
See http://mrigov.com/career.html for additional details.
The Town of Longmeadow is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
We only accept applications for current, open positions.
Those positions are posted on our bulletin board and on the town and school websites, and we also advertise most positions in the Sunday Republican.
Tuberculosis (Tb) Test Information:
The Longmeadow Board of Health requires all new Longmeadow Public School employees who may have direct contact with students to provide documentation of testing for tuberculosis. This testing must be performed within 90 days prior to employment. Written results of TB skin tests performed by the Board of Health of your town of residence or at a physician’s office will also be accepted. Please note that you may be charged for testing at these sites.
New, or re-hired, School Employees cannot start working until written documentation is received that he/she is free of the communicable form of tuberculosis.
Three days are required to obtain TB test results. Individuals are tested and must return on the third day after the test to have their tests “read” and obtain the required documentation.
The Longmeadow Community Health Nurse, Carol Steiner, will perform this test free of charge by appointment on Monday or Tuesday from 9:00 – 2:30 p.m. and tests can be read by appointment on Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays during the hours of 9:00 – 2:30 p.m.
Carol Steiner, Community Health Nurse
at Greenwood Adult Center
231 Maple Rd., Longmeadow
(413) 565-4154 .