The Town of Longmeadow is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination employment on any basis including race, color, creed, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, handicap or disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. The Town of Longmeadow only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Town Employment Opportunities:
- SKILLED LABORER/EQUIPMENT OPERATOR-The Town of Longmeadow, MA DPW is seeking qualified applicants for the FT position of Skilled Laborer/Equipment Operator. Responsibilities include operating trucks and equipment used to maintain town streets, water and sewer lines and performs a variety of public works functions. Work includes rodding and jetting sewer lines, laying pipes for water, sewer, and drainage, sweeping streets, removing snow and debris from roads, cleaning catch basins, hauling and spreading construction materials and performing similar duties as required. Required to be on call as needed to respond to emergencies. Frequent contact with the public and other town departments. Current valid motor vehicle license; CDL Class B with air brake and tanker endorsements required, please include recent MVD driver history with application. Salary range: $17.10-$18.15. Applications available www.longmeadow.org or at HR Dept, 735 Longmeadow St, Suite 102, Longmeadow, MA 01106. Closing Date: Open until filled.Longmeadow is an AA/EEO Employer.
- FIRE CHIEF- LONGMEADOW, MA-Longmeadow, MA (pop. 15,385) is seeking to fill the position of Fire Chief. Department consists of 22 FT uniformed employees; operating budget of $2M. Appointed by Town Manager, under MGL Chapter 48, section 42, subject to Select board approval. Fire Chief serves as key member of town’s management team; designated as emergency manager. Minimum qualifications include seven years offire suppression experience as FT uniformed member in career fire department; at least five years’ experience in supervisory capacity (Captain or above). Certified as Massachusetts or Nationally Registered EMT. Associates Degree in Fire Science, Emergency Management, Emergency Medical Services, Homeland Security, Business, or Public Administration required. Preferred qualifications include completion of Massachusetts Chief Fire Officer Management Program and credentialing as Massachusetts Fire Chief. An equivalent combination of certification and experience considered. Must have demonstrated experience and skill in following critical areas: budgeting, crafting collaborative interagency relationships, labor management relations in a unionized environment, pacing change, fireground management, incident command, emergency medical services supervision, and emergency management. Graduates of National Fire Academy Executive Fire Officer Program encouraged to apply. Salary to $101,000. EOE. Cover letter and resume, pdf format, ATTN Gail Schillinger RE LONGMEADOW FCR at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position filled.
See http://mrigov.com/career.html for additional details.
The Town of Longmeadow is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
- TENNIS INSTRUCTOR- Must be 16 years old or older. The Tennis Instructor is responsible for the direct supervision of participants during all tennis activities as well as the setup, preparation and execution of daily tennis lessons. Applicants must be responsible, reliable, able to follow directions, have excellent communication skills, and the ability to enforce all rules and regulations of the tennis program at all times. Working hours are Monday through Friday; hours vary between 8am-3pm. Starting pay is $8.00 an hour. Applications are available at www.LPRD.net or 231 Maple Road, Longmeadow. Closing date is 04/13/2015 at noon or until filled. Please contact Cristina Judd at 413-565-4166 or email@example.com with any questions.The Town of Longmeadow is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
- LIFEGUARD/SWIM INSTRUCTOR- Must be 16 years old or older. The Lifeguard/Swim Instructor is responsible for the direct supervision of patrons during all participation in aquatic activities and performing lifesaving measures and the setup, preparation and execution of daily swim lessons. Applicants must be responsible, reliable, able to follow directions, have excellent communication skills, and the ability to enforce all rules and regulations of the aquatic facility at all times. Lifeguard/Swim Instructor must have current certification in Lifeguard Training, CPR and First Aid. WSI is highly recommended. Working hours are Monday through Friday, nights and rotating weekends. Starting pay is $8.00 an hour and $9.00 with WSI certification. Applications are available at www.LPRD.net or 231 Maple Road, Longmeadow. Open until filled. Please contact Cristina Judd at 413-565-4166 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. The Town of Longmeadow is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
- After School Group Leader- Salary $10.32 per hour DOE/DOQ-
- After School Group Leader Substitute- Salary $10.32 per hour-
- Early Risers Group Leader- Salary $13.34 per hour DOE/DOQ-Longmeadow Parks and Recreation is seeking qualified applicants for part time After School Group Leaders, After School Group Leader Substitutes and Early Risers Group Leaders. Positions require a CORI check, fingerprinting, physical, and EEC credentials. First aid and CPR are desired. Candidates should be energetic, team oriented and have a minimum of 3 months experience in a child care setting. Applications available in the Department of Human Resources, 735 Longmeadow St, Suite 102, Longmeadow, MA 01106, at www.longmeadow.org/HR or email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.The Town of Longmeadow is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
We only accept applications for current, open positions.
Those positions are posted on our bulletin board and on the town and school websites, and we also advertise most positions in the Sunday Republican.
Tuberculosis (Tb) Test Information:
The Longmeadow Board of Health requires all new Longmeadow Public School employees who may have direct contact with students to provide documentation of testing for tuberculosis. This testing must be performed within 90 days prior to employment. Written results of TB skin tests performed by the Board of Health of your town of residence or at a physician’s office will also be accepted. Please note that you may be charged for testing at these sites.
New, or re-hired, School Employees cannot start working until written documentation is received that he/she is free of the communicable form of tuberculosis.
Three days are required to obtain TB test results. Individuals are tested and must return on the third day after the test to have their tests “read” and obtain the required documentation.
The Longmeadow Community Health Nurse, Carol Steiner, will perform this test free of charge by appointment on Monday or Tuesday from 9:00 – 2:30 p.m. and tests can be read by appointment on Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays during the hours of 9:00 – 2:30 p.m.
Carol Steiner, Community Health Nurse
at Greenwood Adult Center
231 Maple Rd., Longmeadow
(413) 565-4154 .