The Town of Longmeadow is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination employment on any basis including race, color, creed, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, handicap or disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. The Town of Longmeadow only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Town Employment Opportunities:
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT- INTERNAL POSTING-The Town of Longmeadow, MA is seeking qualified applicants for the FT (40 hours per week) position of Administrative Assistant DPW. Under the direction of the Director of Public Works the position provides administrative and secretarial support to the Department of Streets, Water and Sewer. Responsibilities include responding to inquiries from the public, or other departments, in person and on the phone; processing accounts payable and payroll; invoicing; preparing reports and correspondence; maintaining, updating and compiling departmental information; account maintenance and reconciliation, data entry; and miscellaneous clerical duties. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, comfortable with learning new software and have demonstrated experience with general office and bookkeeping skills. Associates Degree in Business or related field with 3 to 5 years progressively responsible administrative experience or equivalent education and experience. Starting Salary $18.87 per hour DOQ/DOE; excellent benefits. Full Job Description available upon request. Submit cover letter and resume to the Dept of Human Resources, 735 Longmeadow St, Suite 102, Longmeadow, MA 01106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by November 26, 2014 at noon. Town of Longmeadow is an AA/EOE.*Internal postings are for current Town and School employees only.
- ASSESSOR’S CLERK-The Town of Longmeadow, MA is seeking qualified applicants for the PT position of Assessing Clerk to support in the Assessors’ Office. Responsibilities include responding to the public; compiling departmental information; data entry; and miscellaneous clerical duties. Applicant should possess a High School diploma or equivalent, be proficient in Microsoft Office, and one to three years of office experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Successful candidate must have good interpersonal skills along with attention to detail. Starting salary $14.76 per hour; 9 hours per week; 11:15 to 2:15 Tues, Wed and Thurs. No benefits. Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources, 735 Longmeadow Street, Suite 102, Longmeadow, MA 01106 or via email to email@example.com by November 21, 2014 at noon.Town of Longmeadow is an AA/EOE.
- ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS- The Town of Longmeadow, MA is seeking qualified applicants for the FT position of Assistant Superintendent of Operations. Under the direction of the Director of Public Works, this is a position of high responsibility overseeing streets, sidewalks and drainage; snow removal; leaf removal; solid waste; and grounds operations. Requires ability to handle a variety of projects, at times simultaneously; and to work with the department employees and general public. Position requires a full working knowledge of all of the regulations, methods and equipment necessary to oversee and manage daily operations and to develop and implement long range operation and capital plans and develops annual budgets. Develops and maintains SOP’s plans for operations, develops and implements PM plans for equipment and prepares specifications for bidding and schedules bidding and projects. Applies for and implements grants. Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering, environmental engineering, public administration or applicable field with a minimum of five years of municipal public works experience. Advanced technical training/course work in civil, environmental, hydrology, pavement systems, soil mechanics, surveying is desirable. Experience in Massachusetts municipal setting highly preferred. Salary range $65,000-$75,000 DOE/DOQ. Applications available www.longmeadow.org or at HR Department, 735 Longmeadow St, Suite 102, Longmeadow, MA 01106 or mail/email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Town of Longmeadow is an AA/EOE.
- After School Group Leader- Salary $10.32 per hour DOE/DOQ-
- After School Group Leader Substitute- Salary $10.32 per hour-
- Early Risers Group Leader- Salary $13.34 per hour DOE/DOQ-Longmeadow Parks and Recreation is seeking qualified applicants for part time After School Group Leaders, After School Group Leader Substitutes and Early Risers Group Leaders. Positions require a CORI check, fingerprinting, physical, and EEC credentials. First aid and CPR are desired. Candidates should be energetic, team oriented and have a minimum of 3 months experience in a child care setting. Applications available in the Department of Human Resources, 735 Longmeadow St, Suite 102, Longmeadow, MA 01106, at www.longmeadow.org/HR or email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.The Town of Longmeadow is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
- DAYCARE TEACHER SUBSTITUTE- Longmeadow Parks and Recreation is seeking qualified applicants for a part time, Daycare Teacher Substitute. Position requires CORI check and physical, EEC certification is preferred. First aid and CPR are desired. Candidates should be energetic and have experience working with young children in a team teacher environment. Salary $10.92 per hour. Applications available in the Department of Human Resources, 735 Longmeadow St, Suite 102, Longmeadow, MA 01106 or email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Town of Longmeadow is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
We only accept applications for current, open positions.
Those positions are posted on our bulletin board and on the town and school websites, and we also advertise most positions in the Sunday Republican.
Tuberculosis (Tb) Test Information:
The Longmeadow Board of Health requires all new Longmeadow Public School employees who may have direct contact with students to provide documentation of testing for tuberculosis. This testing must be performed within 90 days prior to employment. Written results of TB skin tests performed by the Board of Health of your town of residence or at a physician’s office will also be accepted. Please note that you may be charged for testing at these sites.
New, or re-hired, School Employees cannot start working until written documentation is received that he/she is free of the communicable form of tuberculosis.
Three days are required to obtain TB test results. Individuals are tested and must return on the third day after the test to have their tests “read” and obtain the required documentation.
The Longmeadow Community Health Nurse, Carol Steiner, will perform this test free of charge by appointment on Monday or Tuesday from 9:00 – 2:30 p.m. and tests can be read by appointment on Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays during the hours of 9:00 – 2:30 p.m.
Carol Steiner, Community Health Nurse
at Greenwood Adult Center
231 Maple Rd., Longmeadow
(413) 565-4154 .