Stephen Crane, Acting Director of Community Development
Paul Healy, Building Commissioner
Beverly Rose, Secretary
Residents, property owners and developers should use this office as a contact point at the Town Offices for all planning and zoning and other land use matters.
This department issues permits and enforces the standards of the Massachusetts State Building Code and the Town’s Zoning Bylaws. New buildings and additions receive four inspections: (1) Foundation; (2) Rough Framing; (3) Insulation and (4) a Final Inspection. Altered buildings receive three inspections. The Commonwealth must certify the building commissioner.
The enforcement power of the Building Commissioner is total. He can order a building closed for non-compliance with its standards. The owner, landlord or tenant may appeal a ruling to the Board of Appeals, or directly to the Hampden County Housing Court. The Building Commissioner also enforces the Zoning Bylaws of the town.
AS OF FEBRUARY 2011 SHEET METAL PERMITS ARE NOW REQUIRED FOR SHEET METAL WORK AS DEFINED BY 271 CMR. Click here to view 271 CMR
(Links to state regulations and standards)
- Description Of Property Areas
- In Ground & Above Ground Pools For Corner Lot
- In Ground & Above Ground Pools
- Fencing Regulations
- NewFence ByLaw For Corner Lots
- Lot Sizes, Frontages & Setbacks For Standard Lot
- Town Right Of Way And Tree Belt
Information and Forms
- Home MPG Informational Web Sheet
- When Permits are Required
- Zoning Board Instruction for Hearing
- Building Department Fees
- Building Permit Application For One or Two Family Dwelling
- Building Permit Application For Other Than One or Two Family Dwelling
- Sheet Metal Permit Application
- Electric Permit Application
- Fence Permit Application
- Gas Permit Application
- Plumbing Permit Application
- Site Plan Review Application
- Zoning Board of Appeals Application
- Zoning Board Application Appendix 1
Plumbing inspector : Anthony Curto
Electrical inspectors : Walter R Clune, Steven Scliopou.
For email access, send correspondence to: