The Fall Special Town Meeting will be held November 5th at 7:00 pm at the Longmeadow High School. In order to accommodate notice and publication schedules, below is the schedule for submission of articles:
1. All articles from departments or boards are due in the Select Board’s office no later than 4:00 pm on September 5th. The proposed date for closing the warrant is September 16. Once the warrant is set, it will go to Town Counsel for review and to the Finance Committee for recommendations on funding articles. Zoning proposals requiring drafting and review must be submitted by 4:00 pm on August 26th.
When submitting articles, the following must be submitted in writing:
1. The proposed article. A general draft is acceptable as it will be properly formatted by the Town Manager or by Counsel, if accepted by the Select Board.
2. A brief narrative describing the purpose and the need for the article.
3. Estimated costs, if any, for the requested article.
2. Citizen Petitions. Petition articles are due in the Select Board’s office no later than 4:00 pm on September 5th In order for a petition to be guaranteed placement on a Special Town Meeting warrant, 100 names/signatures/addresses of registered Town voters are required, and must be certified by the Town Clerk. Forms and instructions to be used for petition articles are available in the Select Board’s office and online on the Select Board’s page of the website. Petitions will be printed in the warrant verbatim, so citizens are asked to review the forms and instructions carefully.
Please contact the Select Board / Town Manager’s office at 565-4110 for information.