Click here to get information about disposing sharps.
2014 Dog Licenses are due April 1, 2014. Massachusetts General Law requires that all dogs six months old and over be licensed annually. Licenses are available in the Town Clerk Office, 20 Williams Street. Proof of spaying and neutering is required as well as a current, valid rabies vaccination.View full post
Longmeadow Veterans’ Services is proud to host the Wounded Warrior Fit Club. This Fit Club offers free fitness classes and nutritional tips to veterans, the residents of Longmeadow, and its surrounding communities. The group meets every Sunday morning at 9:00am at the Greenwood Community Center. No membership fee is required and all fitness levels are …View full post
As a quality control measure, the Massachusetts Department of Revenue requires cities and towns to inspect all property over a 9 year cycle. This process began in 2013 and will continue into the spring of 2014. A data collector from KRT Appraisal (Josh or Chris) who visits your home will ask to inspect the interior …View full post
The Town of Longmeadow is seeking to fill a vacancy on the School Committee. Any Longmeadow resident interested in being considered for appointment to fill this vacancy is required to submit an application to the Select Board’s office by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 20, 2014. Residents who applied for consideration to fill the past …View full post
The Select Board set the date for the Annual Town Election at their meeting on January 21, 2014. The election will be held on Tuesday, June 3, 2014. Interested parties should contact the Town Clerks office at 565-4103. The following positions are available: Select Board – one, three year term, School Committee – three, three …View full post
The Finance Committee is seeking interested residents who may want to participate on the Finance Committee in Fiscal Year 2015. The current Finance Committee would like to give interested volunteers an opportunity to monitor meetings so volunteers can assess if they may want to apply for vacancy at a later date in the spring/summer. A term is for three years beginning July1, 2014 and going through June 30, 2017.
Additional information regarding the Finance Committee’s role can be found on the Town’s website listed above (under “Committees” / “Finance Committee”. Interested persons should contact Ned Steiger, Finance Chair or attend a meeting posted on the Town calendar.
January 9, 2014
During Cold Weather, Take Preventative Action
- Keep garage doors closed if there are water supply lines in the garage.
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing. Be sure to move any harmful cleaners and household chemicals up out of the reach of children.
- When the weather is very cold outside, let the cold water drip from the faucet served by exposed pipes. Running water through the pipe – even at a trickle – helps prevent pipes from freezing.
- Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature both during the day and at night. By temporarily suspendingthe use of lower nighttime temperatures, you may incur a higher heating bill, but you can prevent a much more costly repair job if pipes freeze and burst.
- If you will be going away during cold weather, leave the heat on in your home, set to a temperature
- no lower than 55° F.
December 24, 2013
December 20, 2013
December 19, 2013