SAFL Cheerleading for Grades 3-8
All Towns are welcome to join our team.
Recreation Fall Sideline Cheerleading Program, Ages 7 - 14
This program is perfect for those who want to learn about Cheerleading and build upon their skills without competing. Practices will be in preparation for the Saturday and Sunday football games beginning September 2020. Cheerleaders are responsible for their uniforms and gear in addition to the registration fee. Registration deadline is May 11, 2020.
Practice: Monday Nights 4:30 - 5:30pm at the Community House and weekend football games
Season: August 3rd - end of football season (beginning to mid November)
Fee: $200, uniform fee not included
Elite Recreation Cheer - Competition Team, Ages 7 - 14
Interested in being a competitive cheerleader? Longmeadow Knights is the perfect team to join! Our team has won bids to the Disney Nationals two years in a row! This is the most prestigious competition for recreational cheer teams, and will be the team's goal this year. At practice we focus on stunts, tumbling, jumps, cheers and much more. Our team performs at 3 - 6 competitions per year with some traveling involved. Uniforms, tumbling class, competition fees and travel are not included in registration.
Practice: Monday & Tuesday 5:30-7:30 pm at the Community House plus weekend football games and competitions.
Season: July 27th - End of April
Fee: $625 - Payment plan is available- broken down in 3 monthly payments (Aug 1, Sept 1, Oct 1)
This does not include Uniform, Equipment or Competition Fees.
- For either program, register and pay the fee of $200 for the Sideline recreation team and once evaluations are completed and the child is chosen to join the competition team, the additional $425 will be added to your balance.
- Registration deadline is May 11th
- Last day to withdraw from the Competition team and received a refund minus a $25 withdrawal fee is TUESDAY, MAY 28TH. If you do not officially withdraw from the program with Parks and Recreation by this date, you will be charged in full for your competition team fee.
- Tumbling Class: Cheerleaders are required to sign up for tumbling class at AirTime Gymnastics (our team takes tumbling class together Wednesday nights, time TBD. This class is an added cost of $75 per month.
- Class and competition attendance is mandatory throughout the season. Extra practices will be added prior to competitions.
Cheer evaluations will take place on May 18th and 19th at the Community House. All new and returning cheerleaders must attend. Based on the evaluations, coaches will determine placement in either the recreation or competition team. Cheerleaders will be evaluated on jumps, motions, stunting, cheer, and tumbling ability. Cheerleaders only wanting to join the recreation team must still attend evaluations. **This evaluation is mandatory**
Wednesday May 27th at 5pm (Sideline Cheer) and 6pm (Elite Competition Cheer) at the Community House- All cheerleaders must attend.
For registration or additional information visit Online Registration. *For either program, register and pay the fee of $200 for the Sideline recreation team. Evaluations will determine placement on the Elite competition team.